Life Hacks for Traveling On a Budget as a Couple
So the courtship is over, and before you know it, routine replaces romance, turning your relationship into dull co-existence. Sounds familiar? If so, there’s only one thing you can do to give your relationship a second chance – travel! Exploring new places and cultures together will evoke your feelings and revive the love life. It’s not expensive resorts I am talking about. Here, we’ve gathered the ideas about how to save money on a journey.
Effective travel tips for couples:
- Destination. If you want to save money while traveling, choose destinations off the beaten track. Everyone knows that popular sights tend to be hyped and overpriced. You do not need the service of a guide either. It is far more interesting to ramble on your own rather than with a large group of tourists getting in your way. All the great adventures happen spontaneously, so why don’t you rent a car and see where the road takes you?
- Transport. Obviously, traveling on a budget means that sometimes you’ll have to sacrifice comfort. For instance, one of the cheapest ways to get to your destination is hitch hiking. Sure, it’s not the safest one, but with your partner, you have nothing to fear, right?
- Accommodation. Couchsurfing is an excellent way to save money while traveling. In this way, you won’t overspend on hotel services and tips. Moreover, you get to meet all those awesome people and make friends with them. However, if you feel uncomfortable sleeping under the same roof with strangers, try camping. Despite being a bit extreme, it is a nice opportunity to put your relationship through its paces.
- Luggage. One of the greatest things about relationships is that you can share stuff. Why do you need to take two sets of hygiene accommodation and carry it all the way with you?
- Food. The same applies to food. You can easily share one helping they serve and still be full. And do not be lazy to cook! No gourmet food can compare with the one cooked for you by your beloved.
All things considered, do not get desperate if you’ve got itchy feet but no money to hit the road. After all, it doesn’t matter if you can’t afford to stay in the five-stars-hotel as long as you have a person to share your tent with.