Nice Narrative Essay
What is Narrative essay?
A narrative essay is a type of expository writing, which gives writers an opportunity to write about themselves, their experiences, specific events from life, memories, etc. Usually, writers discuss events that are worthy for their personal development and consideration. If you have to write a narrative paper, you should understand that this writing task can take a great deal of time.
In any narrative essay example, you can see that it can be compared with telling a story. Obviously, this writing assignment obliges writer to describe events from his/her personal perspective and show specific feelings and attitudes towards a problem or event. In order to make the reader participate in the story, writer should utilize as many sensory details as possible. It can be done with the use of sensory verbs such as smell, taste, hearing, sight, etc. The writer should focus on precise and vivid verbs only, if he/she wants to influence the reader’s perception of the story telling. One of the key steps in exploring narrative essay topics is to show a clear point that you want to discuss either in the opening sentence or opening paragraph.
If you search for a clear definition of narrative essays, you would definitely find one-word “story.” Whenever your professor asks to write narrative papers, you should know that they must reflect the same features as the storytelling: setting, plot, character, climax, and ending. You cannot exclude any of the mentioned details, if you strive to make the reader experience the same emotions as you did. Provide specific examples with vivid details, which will make you story telling colorful. However, all your examples should pertain to the main point, which should be clearly expressed in the first paragraph. Your goal is not simply to present a sequence of events, but to show a higher context of what you would like to share with readers.
How to Write a Narrative Essay?
Writing a narrative essay can be characterized with:
- Presentation of dialogues
- Effective support of writer’s claims
- Vivid and colorful details
- Presentation of the conflict and cliffhanger
- Focus on the writer’s personal standpoint
- Usage of vivid and sensory verbs
If you do not know how to start a narrative essay, remember that you the aim of writing narrative papers is to describe something very precisely. Since this type of writing does not oblige students to carry out any outside research, apply methodology, systematize research ideas, etc., narrative papers usually do not make a huge influence on students’ final grade for the subject. Many professors claim that narrative papers do not require “higher thinking,” which is the reason why this essay type can be called as the easiest one.
One of the most commonly assigned narrative papers is a book report, where students simply have to outline the book chapters, discuss major characters, their actions, themes, etc.
How Long Should Be Your Narrative Essay?
If you have no idea how many words should your narrative essay contain, you need to know that there are two options. First, you may make your essay as long as it is required in the prompt. Second, you may make your narrative essay as long as it is informative. In other words, you need to write enough to cover your topic in full making it detailed and creative enough to delight your reader. However, pay attention that regardless of the urgency of your essay, it should not include irrelevant and unnecessary details as they will compromise the quality.
Narrative Essay Structure: Points to Consider
Still find it difficult to understand how to write a narrative paper? Below, you will find three major parts of any narrative essay:
Introduction. Your introductory paragraph should serve as a warm-up for your audience and provide the readers with a clear idea of what is your essay about. In case it is necessary to include some background information to involve your reader in your narration, make sure to do it.
Main body. In the main body of your narrative essay, you need to tell the actual story. If you want to get a good grade for your paper, you need to collect all the logical arguments and organize them properly. Pay attention that every new idea should be discussed in a separate paragraph. Usually, the main body consists of three paragraphs unless your professor required something different.
Conclusion. A conclusion in your narrative essay is a part in which you need to summarize everything that was told in the introduction and main body. Make sure to finalize your paper well, and you will definitely get the expected grade for your essay. As for the length of the conclusion, if your essay is pretty short, 3-5 sentences will do.
Writing a Good Narrative Essay
If you want to submit a good narrative essay, remember the following hints:
- Your goal is to make the reader experience the same situation and be involved in the events. You should not simply retell what happened to you, but reproduce the event.
- Any narrative paper should be based on the generalization – the writer should get the message across by reflecting on one single point. Do not try to present a mix of ideas and raise all possible questions in your essay.
- Though you have to write an essay, it does not mean that you should only express your ideas in any possible way. Follow the major essay writing guidelines and provide enough evidential support.
- Do not forget to include the following elements in your narrative paper: setting and characters, plot, climax, and ending.
- You should impress your reader with the retelling of events. Discuss specific and interesting events.
- In this writing form, writers are allowed to use “I.” However, if needed, other pronouns can be used as well.
Narrative Essay Writing: Do’s and Don’ts
To make things easier. you can just have a look at the list of do`s and don`ts and you will find out how a good narrative essay should look like:
- Start with a hook. This strategy is particularly useful if you want to engage your reader. It can be anything: a question, a quote, an appropriate joke, etc.
- Write from the first person. Actually, a narrative essay is one of just a few academic papers in which using the first person is absolutely appropriate;
- Make some point and stick to it;
- Try to appeal to the feelings of your audience;
- Follow the prompt given by your instructor. In case you have some difficulties with understanding the task, feel free to appoint a meeting with your teacher and discuss all the details;
- Use vivid language;
- Use proper transitions when moving from one idea to another;
- Edit your narrative essay thoroughly.
- Use slang or too formal language;
- Use the second person;
- Mix the ideas;
- Ignore the format suggested in your prompt;
- Include irrelevant information.
Narrative Essay Topics
When students are given the choice to select a topic for the narrative essay, they usually focus on one from the list below:
- The day that completely changed your life
- The trip to your favorite place
- The biggest challenge
- Memorable events from childhood
- Reaching the desired success
- The first day at university
- The dreadful experience
- How does it feel to be in the friend zone?
- If I were a politician, I would draw attention to…
- The famous historical figure I would like to meet…
- The most challenging decision in my life was …
- The decision that cost me my best friend…
- A day I will never forget
- My best trip ever
- The person who influenced my system of values
- The lesson from life I have understood.
Narrative Essay Sample
Below, you’ll find a narrative essay sample, written by our professionals. You can download this example or order the similar authentic paper!
I Want Someone to Write My Narrative Essay!
If you lack the relevant experience, most probably, you will find it very difficult to cope with your narrative essay. Cooperation with our service is a perfect option for those, who are not sure about their writing skills. We have already written hundreds of essays on various narrative essay writing topics and can assure you that none of our clients were disappointed with our narrative essay help. Our creative writers know a lot of tips and strategies on how to turn a simple essay into an impeccable masterpiece.
Not every narrative story can engage the reader. Actually, if you want to impress your instructor, you need to consider a lot of points when writing a narrative essay including the content, structure, mechanics, and format. Alternatively, you can just rely on our service and we will not disappoint you. Placing your order here, you will be able to achieve the anticipated rest and peace of mind that will come from the awareness that your grade is in safe hands. So, get in touch with our team now, and you will get access to myriads of benefits:
- Authentic and perfectly written papers
- No Plagiarism
- Experienced writers
- Wide scope of topics, subjects and levels of complexity
- Accordance with customers’ requirements
- Adherence to deadlines
- Customer service available 24/7
- Total confidentiality
We assure you that there are many other reasons to buy narrative essay at Essays-Panda.com.
By hesitating, you may miss your chance to invest in your future. So, if you don`t know what is a narrative essay or how to write a narrative essay, leave all your doubts and worries behind and let us take care of this task. Just ask us “do my narrative essay” and we will do our best to meet your expectations! We guarantee that you will be happy after receiving an amazing paper created by one of our professionals!