Cause and Effect Essay Topics: Ideas for Essays in Various Subjects
A cause and effect essay is a type of academic writing, where one has to investigate how something happened and what result it had. One of the examples of cause and effect essay topics is the relation between eating junk food and gaining weight. Appealing cause and effect paper topics evidently relate to some controversial issues in politics, history, health, and mental health among others.
In the article below, you will find tips, guidelines, and attractive topics that will help you organize your paper in a proper manner. Also, you will find a number of cause and effect essay ideas that will help you boost creativity in writing. The topics provided will come in handy for college and university students alike.
How to Choose a Great Topic for a Cause and Effect Essay?
If you want to deliver a top-quality cause and effect essay that impresses your professor and the target audience, keep in mind that you should also pick a topic that is fun and exciting to you, too. Despite the fact that a cause and effect paper is not considered to be really difficult, be sure that you should pick a topic that you are good at and passionate about. These would be the prerequisites of your success. If you want to get some ideas for cause and effect essay topics for college students, check out the list below:
150 Really Good Cause and Effect Essay Topics Ideas for 2023
Top 10 Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Technological advancements are the reason why people struggle with communication.
- Psychological influence that single parenting has on children.
- What could be the reasons for World War III? Is there any possibility that it could be the last war in our civilized world?
- What are the reasons why people make spontaneous decisions? What can be the outcomes?
- What can be an explanation to the most frequent behavioral phenomena in modern society?
- What is the evidence that history is repeating?
- What are the causes of racism? Is there any way to tackle with it?
- Causes and impacts of globalization.
- What are the causes of break-up between partners? What may be the effects of this problem?
- What were the causes of the Chernobyl accident? What outcomes do we have right now?
Best Topics for Cause and Effect Essay
- Why do people purchase so many things that they actually do not need?
- Pick a war that happened some time in history and analyze its causes and effects.
- Reasons for refusing to vaccinate children and possible outcomes.
- The main causes of students’ poor academic performance.
- Causes and results of women discrimination in society.
- Causes of HIV/ AIDS spread. What outcomes and threats does it pose to the future?
- What does homosexuality stem from?
- Reasons for peer pressure in schools. How can it be felt and what can it result in?
- The impact of retirement on a person’s life and state of mind.
- What is the biggest life lesson you have derived?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for College Students
- What makes teenage girls suffer from anorexia nervosa.
- The main causes of overweight among American teenagers.
- The effects of strict birth control in some communities.
- The effect of playing violent video games on a person’s behavior.
- Mobile gadgets and their influence of business entities.
- Improper sanitation in society.
- People with physical and mental disabilities and their chances to find a decent job.
- The effects of baby boomers’ reaching the retirement age.
- The effect of poor quality of water on the healthcare industry.
- How are local communities influenced by non-profit organizations.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for Middle School
- How do labels such as «successful,» «bright,» «talented» or «gifted» affect students?
- Causes and effects of wearing uniform at school.
- What is the main reason why history is regarded the most boring subject ever?
- Causes and effects of creating separate classes for girls and for boys.
- Causes and effects of living in poor conditions.
- The underlying causes of unemployment rates and homelessness.
- Causes and effects of Twilight’s success among youths.
- The main reasons why students consider homework to be useless.
- The effect of shopping habits on the overall mental health.
- Features that make specific artists more successful than others.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for High School Students
- Causes and effects of active parents’ involvement into children’s studying process.
- The main steps how to reach popularity in school.
- Pros and cons of sexual education in schools.
- Perspectives of remote education for the future.
- Causes and effects of sending children with ADHD to regular schools.
- The influence of charter schools on the system of education.
- Causes and effects of continuous discrimination and bullying in schools.
- The role of sexism in the modern-day society.
- How can children be threatened in the modern world full of food insecurity?
- The effects of «Pretty Little Liars» on the modern students.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics List on Simple Issues
- The main causes of burnout among patients.
- Advantages and disadvantages of open campuses.
- Underlying factors leading to children’s success.
- What factors can help an average student turn into a successful blogger?
- The main reasons why Google is a more popular search engine than the other ones.
- What are the reasons that make shoppers spend more money on a specific product than on the other one?
- How is it possible for a specific mobile app to become trending within a week?
- Effects of having no summer rest.
- The impact of Pepsi and Coca Cola on one’s health.
- The main causes of children’s specific way of conduct.
Interesting Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Effects of moving to the other country on one’s immune system.
- Causes and effects of the annual decrease of the number of bees population.
- How can volunteering change one’s way of thinking?
- Does Facebook in reality help people overcome their shyness?
- Can some video games make people smarter?
- Effects of laughter on the longevity of life.
- The effects of playing with dogs on one’s stress levels.
- Staying longer hours in the sun makes one healthier.
- Practicing sports can make one sleepless.
- Optimistic outlook on life makes one’s health stronger.
Fun Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Decorating flats, rooms, and so on can make one less stressed.
- The main causes why people like to travel.
- Does beer drinking positively impact health?
- Toys can bring more fun to adults than to children.
- Drinking milk before going to bed can help you fall asleep faster.
- Flies are influenced by the color blue.
- Purchasing luxury clothes can make one unhappy.
- Communication skills that a successful teacher should have.
- Pros and cons of giving students tests to measure their intelligence.
- The importance of drinking water to one’s brain and heart.
Optimistic Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- The main reasons why it is important to have a positive mind.
- Ways how social media can help deal with shyness.
- Ways how good and effective communication can positively improve customer service.
- How can college education improve one’s life?
- The interrelation between a happy life and good physical shape.
Pessimistic Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Rising rates of infidelity cases in many families.
- Reasons why more and more women choose to stay single.
- Relation between the lack of information and cases of discrimination.
- Ways how parents provoke rivalry among their children.
- Causes of lower rates of selling snacks.
Place your first order and get
15% off discount!
Code: FirstOrderOrder now
Science Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- The main causes of earthquakes.
- Explore tsunami origins.
- Long-term consequences of plate tectonics.
- The effect of volcano eruptions on the surrounding places.
- The main reasons for lakes to become eutrophic.
- The main effects of gravitational system.
- The main reasons why all plants are green.
- Causes of migration among animals.
- The effects of pressure underwater on a human organism.
- The main reasons why trees die.
Cause and Effect Essay Environmental Topics
- The process of shifting some plant and animal species can lead to the extinction of flora and fauna in specific regions.
- The effect of coal-fired energy stations on the environment.
- More precise weather forecasts could prevent people from suffering natural disasters.
- The decrease in the number of areas good for living lead to overpopulation in some other areas.
- Mental pollution as the underlying reason of degeneration within the society.
- Vapor from water as the cause of the greenhouse effect.
- The worldwide increase in the global temperatures helps prevent cases of cholera or malaria.
- The increasing spread of pests may be the core factor of the shortage of food.
- The increasing sea temperature as the core reason of marine life extinction.
- Melting glaciers as the main reason of floods.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Health Care
- Emotional and psychological problems as the main causes of poor immune system.
- Excessive consumption of junk food poses a great impact on one’s level of energy.
- Poor digestion as an effect of emotional overeating.
- Marketing strategies focused on children add up to the obesity risks.
- Problems with joints as the main effect of obesity.
- Ideal beauty standards imposed by the social media is the main cause of eating disorders among young people.
- Bulimia and anorexia nervosa are the main outcomes of the lacking psychological support.
- The risks of heart attach are boosted by high blood pressure cases.
- The correlation of stress levels even with positive life events.
- Air ozone leads to chronic bronchitis, asthma, and other lung diseases.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Relationships
- Professors’ attitude to students is affected by lecture attendance of the latter.
- The effect of parents’ role models on children’s way of conduct.
- Lack of proper communication as the main cause of misunderstanding between parents and their children.
- Illogical communication as the cause of misunderstanding among people.
- Bad relationship in a family leads to sleep disorders.
- Affordable housing conditions help young families feel happier.
- When both spouses have good financial remuneration and are employed, they are happier and self-fulfilled.
- Financial causes of breakup are the most widespread.
- Lack of communication can make friends fall out.
- Divorce in parents’ families is a top reason why children get a divorce in their own marriages.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Culture
- The impact of one-child policy in China on relationships within families.
- Social media as one of the causes of bias among its audience.
- Knowledge of a native language impacts the studying process of foreign languages.
- Learning Chinese increases cognitive abilities and makes one’s memory work better.
- Throw-away culture as the main cause of growing amount of solid waste.
- Copying classmates’ home task is an outcome of one’s lack of confidence.
- Adverts impact the brand image.
- Skinny models from big screens can negatively impact teen girls and lead to eating disorders, such as bulimia or anorexia.
- One’s choice of college impacts his/ her personal traits or skills.
- Reality shows influences the audience’s behavior.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Food
- Purchasing locally grown food adds up to sustainability. Besides, the local food supply does not demand as much time and resources as the mainstream supply. By preferring local food, one can certainly save finance, environment, and workforce.
- Investigate the effects of veganism on the climatic situation on the planet.
- Effects that microplastic in food has on people’s health. There is a lot of information about the negative impact of microplastic in food, but is the real problem so grave and negative?
- Research the main reasons and benefits why some people opt to prepare meals in advance for the whole week.
- The impact of COVID-19 on people’s habits of cooking at home. What are the effects on catering industry and on people’s health and habits?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics List for IELTS
- Effects people encounter when they give up smoking.
- Causes and effects of the termination of pregnancy.
- Effects of low social status on a person’s life.
- Compare effects of being the only child in a family and living with siblings on one’s adult life.
- Causes and effects of new changes in a constitution that are initiated due to some reasons.
Tips for Effective Cause and Effect Essay Writing
- Come up with the category of your potential topic
Write your potential topic. So far, do not be focused on proper formulation of the topic – simply write how you feel it. Afterwards, split the subject into smaller statements. Pick one idea that you would like to focus on. Think of the way that would help you connect the idea to the cause and effect essay. As a result, you should end with one or a few effects.
- Pick an appealing cause and effect topic
Normally, people stop focusing on something that they find boring or not appealing to them hence the need to come up with original and creative topics for your content. If you want your target readers to read more than just the paper topic and a few of the first sentences, you should definitely focus on attractive cause and effect essay topics. To choose an interesting topic, you need to bear in mind your target audience. Who are you writing to? What is the main purpose of writing? Do you aim to impress them? These questions may help you pick the best topic.
- Refer to ideas that can be proved by evidence
Before choosing topics for cause and effect essay, try to get a clear understanding of what you are required to write about. When searching for sources that can be used as potential evidence for your paper’s arguments, keep in mind that they should be relevant and up-to-date. So, take sufficient time to get quality sources.
To succeed in essay writing, it is essential to select an appealing and interesting topic. First of all, it has to be attractive to your target readers. Second, you have to be passionate about it as well. Remember: choosing a topic of your interest is critical, since it will be easier to handle the topic if you like to research and discuss it. So, if you lack ideas for picking a topic, get some inspiration from the list of cause and effect essay topics for college students presented in this article.
If you cannot select an effective topic and deal with the assignment on your own, consider that you can rely on our premium essay services. Essays-Panda.com is one of such agencies that boast of a rich team of expert writers who can help you with academic writing tasks on different topics and of any complexity level. We put clients’ satisfaction as the top priority, and so we guarantee original content and top-quality writing. Whatever order you place with us, you always receive 24/7 customer support from our agents. So, order from us and enjoy our outstanding benefits and affordable prices.