Nursing: APN Paper
Discuss the process of Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) business planning from a system approach.
The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
The paper is to be 2-3 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract, and references page.
Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style 7th edition.
Here’s a guide to help you structure and write your paper effectively:
- Understand the Topic: Before you begin writing, ensure you fully understand the topic. You’re required to discuss the process of APN business planning from a systems approach. This includes understanding the roles of Advanced Practice Nurses, the components of a business plan, and how a systems approach influences business planning.
- Research: Research is crucial for this paper, as you need to incorporate at least three scholarly journal articles or legal sources published within the last five years. Search academic databases for relevant research articles on APN business planning and the systems approach. Take notes and bookmark sources that could be valuable for your paper.
- Outline Your Paper: An outline can help structure your paper and ensure a logical flow of ideas. Your outline could look something like this:
- Introduction: Briefly introduce the topic of APN business planning and the systems approach. Discuss the importance of the topic and what you’ll cover in the paper.
- APN Roles and Business Planning: Discuss the roles of APNs and the need for business planning in healthcare.
- Systems Approach: Define the systems approach and explain its significance in business planning.
- Integration of APN Business Planning and Systems Approach: Discuss how a systems approach is integrated into APN business planning. Use examples from your research to support your discussion.
- Conclusion: Summarize your main points and discuss the implications for practice. You could also identify areas for future research.
- Write Your Paper: Once you’ve outlined your paper, begin writing. Use a formal, academic style and ensure your writing is clear and concise. Follow the APA style 7th edition for in-text citations and references.
- Review and Revise: After writing your paper, take the time to read through it, checking for clarity, coherence, grammar, and punctuation errors. Ensure your arguments are well-supported and that you’ve cited all your sources correctly. Use tools like Grammarly to help catch any mistakes you might miss.
- Formatting: Ensure your paper is 2-3 pages long, excluding the title, abstract, and references page. Format your paper according to APA guidelines, which includes a title page, running header, and properly formatted in-text citations and references.
- References: Include a references page with the full citations of your sources. Ensure all your in-text citations match your reference list and that all your references are cited in-text.
Remember, writing is a process and it often helps to take breaks between writing and editing to ensure you’re looking at your work with fresh eyes.