Specialized Health Issues
Nursing Assignment 1
Discuss the process of Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) business planning from a system approach.
The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
The paper is to be 2-3 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style
Nursing Assignment 2
What are the roles and responsibilities of the advanced nurse practitioners in prescribing?
The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
The paper should be formatted per current APA and 2 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
Nursing Assignment 3
Select two themes from the list below and present the Jewish teaching on the chosen theme.
- Jewish Understanding of God
- Pain and Suffering
- Freedom and Free Will
Your initial post should be at least 150 words. Incorporate different sources, formatted, and cited.
Nursing Assignment 4
A Position Paper, also known as a White Paper, is a tool to educate and inform the public on a specific health issue. This authoritative document takes a specific position or recommends a specific approach to solving an identified problem. Choose a White Paper and include the link.
In this discussion, students will evaluate the White Paper and consider the quality and source of the message. The post should include:
- an overview of the White Paper selected and how it relates to a health care policy effort of interest to the master’s prepared nurse – including its’ source and purpose
- how the chosen White Paper can advance current health systems, practice, and/or organizations to improve health outcomes
- the selected White Papers’ impact on economic, legal, and/or regulatory processes
Include 2 professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references properly cited in APA format.
Nursing Assignment 5
Leonard works in the agriculture industry and raises beef cattle. At 60 years of age, he has spent most of his life working outdoors harvesting hay and tending to his herds. His wife was the first to notice a change in his skin. One day, after taking off his shirt, she noticed a significant change in the mole he had on his right shoulder. It not only was darker but was moist and appeared to have been bleeding at one point. Surrounding the mole, his skin was red. His wife remembered hearing stories of Leonard working on his father’s farm, spending long hours out in the hot sun even though his father had gone into the barn to work during the hottest part of the day. She insisted him go to the family physician to have it examined.
- Leonard’s physician performed a biopsy on the lesion and told Leonard he suspected the growth may be malignant melanoma. What cells are affected in this form of skin cancer? How might his childhood exposures to the sun predispose him to this form of cancer?
- How do UVA and UVB rays contribute to the process of oncogenesis in skin cells?
- The mole on Leonard’s shoulder was a nevocellular nevus. What are the cellular composition and appearance of this type of mole before it underwent malignant change?
Nursing Assignment 6
The purpose of this assignment is to explore the challenges associated with abstracting, normalizing, and reconciling clinical data from multiple disparate sources. Address the following:
Differentiate between abstracting, normalizing, and reconciling data.
How are data abstracted from clinical records?
Describe the process of normalizing data.
Describe the process of reconciling data.
What are the challenges associated with using data from different sources?