Write a Good Essay
Write a Good Essay with Professional Assistance
If you want to write a good essay but you are not good at academic writing or you lack sufficient time to do it properly, be sure you can rely on our custom writing service.
Rather than worrying about how to write a good essay for several days, create a simple manual and follow the effective steps from this article. Our useful tips will help you make some early preparation and create a self-belief that you can understand how to write a good essay.
- From the variety of good essay topics, choose the best one.
- If the topic is assigned manually by your professor think how you can make it interesting;
- Highlight key words, and it will help you concentrate your attention on the most useful things;
- Identify a particular subject that should be analyzed (For example, the gender inequality in “A Doll`s House” by Henrik Ibsen);
- Identify the words that characterize your task – analyze, discuss, explain, etc.
- Spend some time brainstorming the ideas.
- Before writing a paper, conduct good research choosing the most reliable and up-to-date sources.
- Be selective: all the sources should be relevant and support or oppose your key arguments;
- Reading a book or an article, do not forget to make some notes that can be useful for your essay;
- Be sure to fill your essay with the in-text citations that are particularly useful for developing your topic.
- When working with some sources, do not forget to write down all the information about the author, title, publisher and the year of publication. This information will be needed for creating a reference list.
- Think about your essay’s development.
- If you do not know how to start a good essay, create a simple outline that will help you manage your schedule;
- Use a mind map that will stimulate the thinking process;
- Make note of every thought or idea that comes to your mind.
- Put your ideas into the logical order;
- Create a workable thesis statement.
- A thesis statement is the key idea of your essay; it is a thread that permeates the whole essay;
- Avoid simplicity and generalization when writing your thesis statement;
- In good essays, thesis statement is put at the very end of an introduction;
- Think about a proper organization of the essay.
- Make sure that every idea is relevant to the topic and the thesis statement.
- A classic organization of the essay should include an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Make sure your paragraphs are divided logically;
- There should be the smooth transitions between the paragraphs.
- Each paragraph should have a clear topic sentence and develop only one idea.
- Writing an introduction.
- An introduction should grab reader’s attention from the very first line;
- It should contain the general description of the problem;
- An introduction should identify the questions to be answered in the essay;
- It should also introduce a thesis;
- The main body paragraphs
- A good college essay requires each point to be covered in a separate paragraph;
- Use the transition words to make the essay coherent. Such words as in addition, on the contrary, what is more, significantly, etc. helps the reader to follow the development of your ideas.
- The classic structure of a five-paragraph essay requires three main body paragraphs;
- Make sure to provide evidence for every argument (in-text citations, visual aids, some statistics, etc.)
- Express your thesis in different ways.
- Drawing a conclusion.
- In the conclusion, try to empathize how the problem was addressed. (Did the writer manage to analyze the problem stated?)
- A conclusion should summarize your key ideas and re-state your thesis;
- It should not contain citations and introduce new information.
- Creating a final copy
- When the paper is written, read it aloud for several times to see its flaws and inconsistencies;
- Fix grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Make sure your paper is free of plagiarism;
- Submit your essay on time.
- Voila! Writing a good essay is not a problem anymore!
Commonly Made Mistakes in Essay Writing
Deducing that you have got interested in this article and are in the process of reading it right now, it can be presumed that you need some professional help with writing essays. Probably you are interested in how to write a good essay. Normally, students are looking for some specific tips and strategies for good essay writing but we have decided to provide you with a list of commonly made mistakes. Check them out below.
- Talking about nothing. If a student is not passionate about the topic he/ she is writing on or if a student is too lazy to prepare for the essay writing well enough, he/ she will not find some solid facts to write about. Normally, such students are to lazy to carry out in-depth research of the topic, find some interesting facts, and make the essay appealing to the reader. Normally, essays written in such an indifferent manner contain simple vocabulary, repeated facts, and repetition of the same statement again and again. This is one of the biggest mistakes one can make when it comes to the paper content.
- Lack of focus. If you want to write a good essay, remember that you need to concentrate on the writing and research process. If you are not focused on your central research question and you are floating in clouds, you will surely lose the right path and will make the essay unorganized. In order to ensure the proper and smooth development of ideas and make them logical, you need to practice concentration.
- Providing unsupported claims and statements. Whenever you are working on an academic essay, remember that one of the core principles of writing a good essay is to use supporting evidence as well as proper examples and illustrations. Whenever you are putting forward some idea, be sure that you need to support with expert opinion as well as some specific facts, statistics, examples, quotes, etc. You need to sound strong and convincing when presenting some claims.
- Lexical tautologies. If you are interested in writing a great essay, do not forget about using a good dictionary. Do not think that there is something to be ashamed of if you are consulting a dictionary. On the contrary, it is a sign that you want to make the composition essay rich in vocabulary. In any case, some essays are really specific and you need to be well-versed in some specific concepts and terminology.
- Ignoring the assignment. There are numerous essay types and each of them has its own peculiarities and differences. Therefore, you should be particularly careful and attentive when reading the essay prompt. You have to focus on the essay’s purpose, objectives, and requirements towards its structure. This is particularly important when you have to write an argumentative or a persuasive essay.
- Introducing new information in the conclusion. This is one of the worst mistakes. One of the major essay writing rules is not to include any new facts in the conclusive paragraph. A new idea should be introduced merely in the new body paragraph. The conclusion is aimed at summarizing information and providing a logical conclusion to the paper.
- Absence of a strong (or any) thesis statement. Each essay or a research paper should have a strong and clear thesis statement. The thesis should finish the introductory paragraph and it should reflect on the main principles of the essay. The aspects mentioned in the thesis should be further elaborated in the main body paragraphs. From the thesis statement, it should be clear what you are going to write about in the essay and which idea you will convey.
- Using colloquial language. Such words as ‘4u,’ ‘wanna,’ ‘gonna,’ and similar should not be used in essay writing. Informal style is totally unacceptable. Please be sure to use formal academic language. The vocabulary you use should correspond to a high academic level and should adhere to the level of your paper complexity.
- Length of sentences. Many students want to prove to their professors that they can write in a sophisticated manner. That is why they want to make the sentence structures as sophisticated and complex as possible. Make sure you maintain balance and remember that the sentences should be clear to the reader. They should first and foremost clearly convey the idea you want to communicate.
- Misused words. Make sure you use the dictionary to double-check the meaning of specific words that are unknown to you or that you find confusing. Students are frequently mistaken “affect” and “effect,” “quite” and “quiet,” etc. Therefore, proofreading is a must.
- Undermine the importance of references. If you refer to outside sources, be sure that you will cite them properly in text. This is to avoid plagiarism issues that are frowned upon by professors. In some severe cases, students may be even excluded from college.
- Punctuation mistakes. As a rule, students pay most attention to grammar and sentence structures. When it comes to punctuation, though, they overlook many important issues or are simply too lazy to study punctuation rules in depth. When proofreading punctuation, pay attention to the following aspects:
- comma splice;
- missing subject or verb;
- unnecessary commas;
- missing comma before yet, but, and, nor, etc.
- missing commas around interrupters.
Reliable and Dubious Sources to Be Used in the Paper
Usage of proper sources is crucial for essay writing. If you use unreliable sources or those that are not peer-reviewed, your statement may not be taken seriously. Expert evidence is particularly important in specific essay writing, such as argumentative or persuasive papers. Therefore, apart from fluent writing skills, you should also develop formatting and referencing skills.
Some journalists claim that, for a fact to be considered trustworthy, it should be proven or supported by at least three sources. The same rule also belongs to the basics of essay writing.
The Internet contains a wide range of data and a plethora of different information. However, among the numerous sources, you should be able to choose those that can be trusted. Below you will find some important strategies how to select a proper source. If you use online sources, you should be aware of what domains can be trusted:
- .edu: this domain signifies that the source belongs to a specific educational affiliation. Normally, when you take information from this domain, be sure that it is controlled by that educational establishment, so do not be afraid to cite it. The information will definitely be reliable.
- .org: this is the domain of non-profit organizations. One of the greatest things about this website is that it will not surely sell you anything. So, they can be also trusted.
- .gov: as it can be easily inferred, this domain is used by governmental institutions. Therefore, if you are searching for a legal essay source, be sure they are reliable here.
- .com: be particularly attentive when you come across these sources. These domains are mainly used by commercial organizations. Therefore, there are risks of coming across some hidden advertisements.
If you do not know how to make a good essay, be sure that you can rely on Essays-Panda.com writing service for help. We have all the range of services you need. We have a team of skilled and qualified writers who will provide a premium-quality paper on any topic. We are a reliable and reputable service that will change your opinion of educational websites and custom writing agencies. We deal with a wide variety of academic papers, such as essays, term papers, research papers, thesis papers, dissertations, and others.
Why Choose Essays-Panda.com
First of all, we are the best help when you are short of time to complete the paper on time. Students are not that good at time-management, so our service is a great help if you want to get more free time for yourself. Second, we are here to help you if you are snowed under the numerous academic writing assignments. Essays-panda.com will provide the best help for you.
We have a user-friendly website that is easy to navigate. Even if you are a novice customer, be sure that you will find it easy to place the order quickly.
We offer affordable prices for our academic papers. Moreover, the online payment systems we use are reliable. As such, you will have no concerns with the payments.
Clients can request free revisions in case the paper they got does not fully correspond to the paper requirements. Client satisfaction is our top priority, so you can rely on our help.
We also provide money-refund guarantees. If your essay was not delivered on time or if it is written off topic, we will surely reimburse you the money.
Common Formatting Styles Used by Essays-Panda.com
We value the importance of formatting styles and we make sure that our writers are well versed in all the latest academic standards of formatting. Our company administration cares for writers’ self-development and we always make sure that the writers are aware of the principles of writing styles and their peculiarities. Different disciplines use different formatting styles, so we make sure that our writers are well versed in many of them so that our clients could easily place orders with us regardless of the academic complexity or formatting style.
- MLA stands for the Modern Language Association, and it mainly deals with such disciplines as Liberal Arts and Humanities. Therefore, if you are assigned a paper in Literature, Music, Philosophy, and adjacent disciplines, you will most probably have to format the paper in MLA style. MLA style does not require a separate title page but it has to contain a student’s name, a professor’s name, course name, and date in the left-hand corner of the paper. References should be included on the “Works Cited” page. To get to know specific features of MLA style, please check the presentation provided on the website.
- APA format stands for the American Psychological Association. It is commonly used for formatting essays and research papers in psychology, sociology, economics, management, history, and other disciplines. When it comes to APA, it requires a title page with a running head. The information that should be included in the cover page is the following: the paper topic, student’s name, and the name of the educational establishment.
- Chicago. The rules are taken from the Chicago Manual that is dedicated to the style, grammar, and punctuation rules. One of the striking peculiarities of Chicago style is that it has endnotes and footnotes.
We hope that the article we have provided has covered the information on what a good essay is. Still, if you are still not sure how to write a great essay, you may simply address our company for help and order a custom written paper. Our customer support team operates 24/7 to help you deal with any inquiries.